To maximise our impact we are focusing on two things:
- scalable education initiatives that leverage technology to ensure disadvantaged young people have the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century; and
- growing the Pledge 1% movement (Scott and Mike pledging 1% many years ago is the foundation for everything we’re able to do at the Atlassian Foundation).
To deliver on our vision, our approach to funding combines support for innovation (funding direct implementation projects at the pilot, test, and scale stages) and ecosystem (investing in sector-level knowledge and infrastructure necessary for innovations to scale and catalyze large scale systems change) initiatives.
Additionally, our local offices are empowered to support initiatives they believe are most appropriate and impactful in their communities. Our local Foundation Councils operate on an annual funding cycle. To get alerted, email us at email@example.com
Please note, we do not accept unsolicited proposals for financial support.
Our People – Volunteering
Atlassians get a whopping 5 days per year of volunteering leave to make a difference in their local community.
If you are a charity or non-profit, and looking for some volunteering assistance, we’d like to help.
Here’s how we’ve helped in the past:
- Providing mentoring help around software projects
- Streamlining process and workflows
- Creating and updating websites
- Educating and mentoring staff
- Helping with our products
- Helping to flesh out a complex idea or problem
- Accounting & Business assistance
- Rolling up our sleeves and getting our hands dirty
Share a volunteering opportunity by following this guide. Please use share key “atlassian-volunteer” to publish volunteering opportunities for Atlassian.
Atlassian has a generous product donation program with our cloud products available for registered non-profit charitable organisations for 75% off commercial prices.
It’s our way of giving back to the community (and to hopefully improve the productivity of charitable organisations too).
Apply for a cloud community license at https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request