How can Atlassian volunteers unleash your team potential?
In February 2021, we launched Engage 4 Good, an Atlassian Foundation program connecting employees with purpose-driven organisations to collaborate on skilled projects, increase their capacity and capability, and leverage digital technologies.
Our partnership with Black Duck Foods, captured in the video above, was just one of 60 projects delivered by over 200 Atlassian volunteers. Program outcomes included:
Applications now open for August round
With many learnings from our first run of the program, we invite purpose-driven organisations to share with our skilled volunteers how solving their problems could help them increase their impact.
The application is designed to show us how well you understand your problem, how big the problem is, how ready you are to collaborate on a project and how solving this problem will unleash the potential of your teams. We also gather information to help us find suitable Atlassian volunteers for the project.
Open company, no bullshit
We are increasing our capacity to deliver 60 projects in the August round and 60 projects in the February round next year, but there is likely to be upward of 500 submissions based on expressions of interest. Some key tips to improve your chances:
- Prioritise. Use this Prioritisation Play to identify the problem to solve with Engage 4 Good.
- Understand the problem. Use this Problem Framing Play to deeply understand your problem. Is the actual problem what you originally thought? Is it a technology problem, a business problem, or a people problem? You will need a concise problem statement for your application.
- Break it down. We have 12 weeks to collaborate on a solution. Realistically, each volunteer can commit between 1 and 4 hours a week alongside their day job. For example, we may not be able to build you a new system but could we analyse existing systems, and plan out a technology roadmap for the next year?
Organisations do not need to be an Atlassian customer to apply, nor do projects need to relate to our products. However, you may find this information useful if your problems include team collaboration, managing projects, documentation, or incident response.
- Research our products. Learn about Trello, Confluence, Jira Software, Jira Work Management and Jira Service Management to see if they could be useful tools for your organisation.
- Learn about discounted licenses. Registered charitable non-profit organizations that are non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, non-political, and have no religious affiliation.are eligible for discounted community cloud licenses at 75% off the list price for the above products.
More about Engage 4 Good
Please read the following documents BEFORE preparing your application.
Applications are open from Monday 5 July 2021 and close Friday 23 July 2021, 5 pm Pacific Daylight Time (10 am 24 July AEST).
Each organisation can only submit ONE application.
The questions in the form help us to:
- Understand the feasibility and potential impact of the project
- Provide succinct information about the projects to volunteers
- Suggest suitable projects for volunteers based on their profiles
If you have any questions after reading the guide for purpose-driven organisations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Engage 4 Good Query’.
More stories of impact
Plastic Soup Foundation
Help us develop a long term strategy for our My Little Plastic Footprint app
America on tech
Technology curriculum development in cybersecurity and product management for students
Connecting and collaborating as a growing remote team using Trello
Stanford Internet Observatory
Mitigating COVID-19 vaccine-related misinformation using Jira