Our focus on education exists to help ensure disadvantaged young people (up to age 24) have the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century:
- Core academic skills
- Social and emotional skills
- Digital skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Vocational skills
The world is facing a learning crisis. If current trends continue, by 2030 half of all youth – over 800 million young people – will not have the basic skills or qualifications needed for the modern workforce. In developing countries, only one-in-ten children will be on track to acquire these skills.
How We Help
We leverage Atlassian’s resources to deliver greater opportunities for disadvantaged young people. We do this through:
- Innovation – we will support innovative, low-cost solutions at the following stages and aim to move promising initiatives to scale.
- Discovery: piloting the experimentation of new and less proven approaches
- Test: undertaking rigorous evaluation of existing solutions and intervention
- Scale: scaling established models that are well-positioned to promote large systemic change
- Building an education ecosystem – we will support initiatives which create sector-level knowledge and infrastructure to support and build a robust education ecosystem necessary to support large scale systems change
Learn more at www.atlassianfoundationinternational.org.au